Monday, August 3, 2015

Rocky start . . . or Maybe a Chance to Figure Out How to Swim.

A new school year is about to get into full swing. I had planned on blogging at least once a week last year and in the craziness of taking on a new school, a new position, and new responsibilities I was just barely keeping my head afloat. I hit my stride just as school ended . . . . . So, when we fail we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and we try again. We learn from our mistakes and move forward. With that said I am going to try a new goal of every other week and if I fit in more than that, then, hey, I will take it.
I am looking forward to a new year. Even though there are more things sitting in flux for the beginning of this school year I feel more settled. Schedules still aren't finished, the tech department may or may not have everything installed and ready to go, we have two new teachers in our grade level, and a whole new group of exciting new faces to look forward to. I plan on hitting the ground running this year. I would like to see, well more like hope, that this year my students will be trying to keep up with me instead of me keeping up with them. We will see.
School starts two weeks from today and I still haven't seen the inside of my classroom since we were released for summer break, this will not be the week with trainings to attend to and the beginning of next week. I foresee spending some weekend time . . . That's okay. As I have said, I feel more settled this year, check back with me next week and we will see.
My hopes for this blog is a place somewhere that I can share my classroom experiences and tools with other educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment