Friday, August 31, 2012

Well, the first week has come to a close

I got some great advice from an article on another blog. It was vert relevant and helped keep me refocus when I got off track. http://corkboardconnections.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-advice-for-new-teachers.html

My only kink at the moment is trying to figure out how to handle 32 kindergartners at a time, on my own. The hardest part is finding a way to get them to be patient while I get them set up. I have the computers logged in to the program they are going to use before they get to class, thanks to the help from my wonderful fourth grades and a system called lanschool. Being that it is the first week they haven't gotten the hang of assigned seats, which is to help me remember who is who, or to work quietly while in the computer lab. I have a seating chart pre-made but keeping littles occupied while I get everyone seated where they are suppose to be is proving a challenge. I know that over time they will become accustomed to the flow and remember where they sit but trying to figure out how to get through the next couple weeks is my own personal challenge.

On another note I love the school and the staff that chose me. Everyone is great, yes, I know that sounds disillusioned, but they really are. Everyone has their idiosyncrasies but  each person has been helpful and welcoming. Even though the school is at the end of a major over haul with a few issues still hanging out there the principal and Vice principal have both at different times taken the time out of their overly busy schedules to just peek in and see if I need anything.

I am very glad that I took on the challenge of teaching Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment