Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Exciting things

Well,  it is only Tuesday and it seems to be a week of frustration. I am hoping it is going to get better, oh wait, it already has. My fifth grade students received there first pen pal letters from Taiwan today. I am hoping this will help the students see how similar and yet how different they are. We also got one of our first adopt a soldier replies. The students acted so uninterested when I introduced them to the project but have asked almost everyday since they were told that I mailed their letters if there had been an answer yet. So, I now have a yes, well, for one class anyway. The soldier answered their questions and sent some photo's of him on the job. The students are really going to enjoy it. I have some other projects to intertwine with both of these but one thing at a time. We are having a hard enough time remembering our Edmodo user names.
The students have been excited about Edmodo but I think it is more for a social aspect. I know it is a lot of new things for them to take in but I think they can do it. I think that students can rise to the occasion as long as the occasion is still within their reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment