Tuesday, October 23, 2012

State Celeration

Since we live in a state that still celebrates it's birthday to include a state holiday and a day off of work I use this opportunity to talk a little social studies with my students. I am having my third through fifth graders create Nevada posters, in word, that include three facts about our state and a picture from either the clipart selection or internet. My first and second grade students used Kidspiration to create mind map bubbles with Nevada being in the middle. They then had a bubble branch for a state of Nevada picture imported and labeled the picture. Since kinders are still very much in the phase of me they also used kidspiration, but instead they choose pictures that reminded them of Nevada, things they see, interact with, or do in Nevada. I will post pictures later this week, well, maybe tomorrow depending on how my bulletin board turns out and the assignment goes for some of my other classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment