Monday, September 17, 2012

Patience

Today was a roller coaster kind of day. I woke up to find my adopt-a-soldier list(s) waiting in my e mail box which excited me but as the day wore on I found myself a little frustrated. In starting the friendly letter process with students in a word document it was taking my students quite a bit of time to type out the return address and salutation. I had everything on the smart board so all students had to do was copy the information onto their word document . . . this was a longer process than I had planned. I was talking to my son on my lunch, the smart little boy that he is, and we were discussing how the day was going so far. I had mentioned that I was frustrated that the process was going slowly, he offered to help. We had a discussion about how the students needed to do these things on their own so that they would learn and that progressed into a discussion about how they all don't have computers at home. He thought about it for a minute and said "they are not like us." I couldn't help but smile at the deduction his intuitive four year old mind made and then I thought to myself if he can figure it out in one conversation and I work with these great kids on a daily basis why am I getting so worked up. Sometimes all it takes is someone to remind us that all we need is a little patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment