Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Jungle in room 103

We are quickly approaching the end of week two, tomorrow actually, and after a successful open house I am ready for the weekend. I promised I would post pictures of my room once I got it put together, the second computer lab is still in construction mode. Here are pictures of the lab I use everyday to instruct students.


I have three rows of trees. The trees will have a monkey for each student from third grade through fifth grade. Part of the curriculum requires that by the end of the school year each group of students have to reach so many words typed per minute. I have a row of trees for five wpms, 10 wpms, and 20 wpms. The bananas hanging from the trees state which wpm tree it is. As students progress on their typing skills their monkey will move around the classroom. I am going to add some vines between each tree for students who are in-between each interval. The students seemed really excited about it and the little littles like the decoration.



This is what the room looked like when I started two days before school . . . I think it has come a long way.

On another note I am thinking about creating a classroom blog. I have been researching and there are some webs sites that allow you to create blogs specifically for the classroom and are only viewable by classroom students. I think it will be a great way to give assignments, for students to post completed assignments, take polls, and allow students to practice typing skills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment